Thursday, May 30, 2013

Throw Your Scales Away - The Before & After Shots

So I didn't quite hit my goal of 15% body fat by 6/1 but I came pretty damn close at 16% and I'm also down four pounds, which is nice even though I'm not concerned about the number on the scale. Ladies, especially those on the Jamie Free Max Muscle plan, throw your scales out, that number means shit and does crazy things to our heads. I still have a long way to go, I'd like to put on muscle so I can crush my PRs and guess what, when I put on muscle, that number on the scale is going to go up, so again, my CFCS girls, throw your scales away!

Now here's the before and after picture. The before picture was taken on March 14, the first day I started the nutriton plan. The after picture was taken on Saturday right before I hit up the awesome pool in my neighborhood (which, btw, you can totally use me for my pool. I'm always down for a having someone to go to the pool with).
22% body fat on the left and 16% body fat on the right
So along with being down 6% body fat, I feel amazing. Besides not having near as many stomach issues as I had when I was a vegetarian or when I had no structure to my eating, I don't take or need naps to get me through the weekend, I think the first time I had napped since March was on Monday after doing Murph. I also feel like I recover quicker from my hard workouts and don't feel as sore as I have in the past. Jamie recommended today that I start adding a glutamine supplement to my post-workout protein to help speed recovery even more (I wish I would have done that after I finished Murph because maybe the area where my boobs are supposed to be wouldn't still be on fire three days later). Regardless, I cannot say enough positive things about how much my body has changed for the better since starting my nutrition plan and doing CrossFit and I am so grateful to be surrounded by such a supportive community and coaches who really care about their athletes.

I will continue to keep posting about how my body changes, especially since I have started going to the gym six days a week and the calories in my nutrition plan have been increased - I can eat good fats at breakfast, lunch and dinner now on workout days, JEAH!

Next week is Ragnar Chicago and I am going to attempt to blog live from the van, attempt being the operative word, as most of you know, I love my sleep, so spending 30 hours in a van on very little sleep should produce either some highly entertaining content or shit that makes absolutely no sense. Regardless, stay tuned as the team Hello Jillian/Banditos 2.0/Run to Cure Rabies makes its way from Madison to Chicago starting next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment