Friday, June 7, 2013

And the Rabid Ragnarians Are Off!

Good morning! It's 7am and I'm coming to you live from the beautiful Des Plaines Oasis over I-90! I've got my Diet Coke in hand and I'm waiting for my van 2 teammates to come pick me up. I no joke look like I'm homeless right now...trash bags, sleeping bag, jug of water in all (except homeless people don't carry a Louis Vuitton).


The goal is to blog during the entire duration of the race, so check back periodically during the next 30 hours for updates on how we are doing and all of the crazy shit that Casey says.

VAN DUCES HAS MADE IT TO MADISON!

Despite a few set backs like going to the wrong Oasis and forgetting a safety vest, we are here and ready to kill! 


Casey with his headlamp on


So this far, Ragnar has been super easy for Van Duces. We've eaten, hung out in a park and played UNO and now we are waiting for Bill to come in and for Kristen, from our van to officially kick off the relay for Van Duces. 


Kristen is back in the van and Pat is off! Due to construction, Kristen's leg had an extra 4 miles tacked on, so like a champ, Pat volunteered to run 2 extra miles to give Kristen a break! 


Casey is up next in about twenty minutes! 

Something I learned today: I can get car sick. 

Moving on...Casey, Heather and Luke killed it! Everyone felt great on their run!

Something else I learned today: I am scared of the dark. No joke, my 6.75 mile run was probably one of the scariest things I've ever done. First off, thank you Sarah for putting it in my head that a bear is going to eat me and I'm going to die a slow miserable death by mauling. Second, thank you Sue Wag for making me paranoid that some scary man is lurking behind me and wants to abduct me everywhere I go.

This is what I really freaked out person looks like after spending an hour in the Wisconsin woods by themselves in the pitch black.


And I wonder why I don't have a boyfriend. Maybe I should make this my match.com profile picture (yes, I'm on match. I'll tell you all about that hot mess in a future post). 

Right now we are driving around looking for a place to eat. For the record, I am one pothole in the road away from puking up my protein shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment